Housing Accommodations

Student Accessibility Services, Residence Life, and Physical Plant work together to ensure that students with disabilities have equal access to the college’s housing resources.  Students interested in requesting housing accommodations should follow these application procedures in a timely manner.  All requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.

Continuing students should complete this process by November 1 for spring semester housing or March 1 for fall semester housing.  New students should complete this process by June 15 and are encouraged to contact SAS as soon as possible after committing to attend Rhodes.  Housing accommodation requests submitted after these dates will still be considered. However, students approved after the preferred dates may need to be placed on a wait list for a necessary housing assignment to become available.
Students who are not granted a disability-related housing accommodation, who choose to not accept the room offered as an accommodation, or who submit late requests should complete the standard room selection process through Residence Life.

Examples of housing accommodations include, but are not limited to:

Please keep the following in mind:

  • Refer to the Residence Life website for important dates and deadlines for the room selection process.
  • Students who have received housing accommodations in the past must renew the accommodations with SAS each academic year before the appropriate deadline listed above.
  • Medical single room requests are not granted solely on the basis of having a quiet place for study.  With the number of people living in residence halls, shared facilities and shared resources, a single room does not necessarily provide a quieter, more distraction-limited space than a standard shared room.
  • The amount charged to students in approved medical single rooms will be determined based on the residence hall.  Students choosing to trade-in their medical single room accommodation for an available higher tier room (e.g., apartment-style unit or under-booked double) solely based on preference will be charged the corresponding higher rate.

Contact SAS for additional information on housing access accommodations or other accommodations and services for students with disabilities.