Opportunities for competitive and need-based awards are plentiful at Rhodes.
The application process is simple:
- Complete and submit an application for admission to Rhodes by January 15
- To be eligible for any need-based financial awards, submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and CSS PROFILE between February 1 and March 1 and have the results sent to Rhodes
- We recommend that you schedule a campus visit and interview. It’s not required, but it helps us get to know you and gives us further information on which to base our admission and awards decisions
What other awards are available?
A brief summary of our other awards is listed below. Contact the Office of Admission for detailed information on any awards for which you think you qualify.
Award Number Available Value American Field Service Award
$500/year for AFS participants HOBY Award 5 $500/year for HOBY seminar participant National Merit Award 5 $500–$2,000/year (need-based) (Rhodes-sponsored) National Presbyterian Scholarship 1 $700–$1,400/year (need-based) Presbyterian Partnership N/A Up to $2000 matching ROTC (Air Force) N/A $15,000–full tuition/year with service requirement ROTC (Army) N/A $20,000/year with service requirement Yellow Ribbon Program Unlimited Up to $5,000 matching Youth for Understanding Award 5 $500/year for YFU participants
Are there other sources for scholarships?
For Tennessee Residents, there are several funds for which you might qualify. The FAFSA is the only application needed for these funds and you can find information about these sources here:
- TN HOPE Scholarship
- TN ASPIRE AWARD
- TN General Assembly Merit Scholarship (GAMS)
- TN Student Assistant Award
- Scholarships and Financial Aid for Minorities
Many corporations, unions, trust funds, religious and fraternal organizations, associations and philanthropists offer financial assistance to qualified applicants. In most cases, you will need to apply directly to that organization to qualify. To identify these sources:
- Talk to your high school guidance counselor
- Explore free online scholarship search services such as FastWeb.com
- Contact the Rhodes Financial Aid Office
- Look for published financial aid directories at your local public library
ACS Tuition Exchange Program
For more information on our Associated Colleges of the South tuition exchange program, visit the ACS website.