Prof. Gerecke, Assistant Professor of Psychology
Dr. Gerecke’s current research involves two main complementary questions:
- What is the role of exercise in protecting against Parkinson’s Disease?
- What are the toxic effects of chronic psychological stress in the brain, and how does exercise protect against these effects?
Dr. Gerecke’s research team currently includes:
- Laura Atkinson (Neuroscience 2012), Maddie Scott (Neuroscience 2013), Helen Floersh (Neuroscience 2013), Mustafa Motiwala (Neuroscience 2013), and Megan Ververis (2014)
Previous research team members:
- Sarah Allen (Neuroscience 2011), Jessie Fawer (Neuroscience 2011) and Anna Kolobova (Neuroscience 2011)
Sarah Allen and Anna Kolobova presenting research at the
Society for Neuroscience international convention, 2010
- Danielle Fincher (Neuroscience 2010), Gayatri Patel (Biology 2010) and Anna Kolobova (Neuroscience 2011)
- Stephen Spainhour (Psychology 2011), Rachel Trout (Psychology 2010) and Sarah Barowka (Neuroscience
Sarah Barowka ‘09 presenting research at the
Society for Neuroscience international convention, 2008
- Olivia Brown (Psychology 2008), Lauren Brooks (Neuroscience 2008), Brian Darrith (Neuroscience 2008), Michael Hadler (Neuroscience 2008)
Laura Atkinson ’12 ponders the mysteries of the brain.