Majors, Minors & Requirements
REQUIREMENTS FOR A MAJOR IN PHILOSOPHYA total of forty-four (44) credits as follows:
- Philosophy 201, 203, 206, 301, 486.
- Philosophy 318 or Philosophy 319.
- Five additional four-credit courses in Philosophy.
REQUIREMENTS FOR A MINOR IN PHILOSOPHYA total of twenty-four (24) credits as follows:
- Philosophy 201 or 203 (students are encouraged to take both).
- Philosophy 206 and 301.
- At least two additional four-credit courses in the 300s or above.
- One additional four-credit course in Philosophy.
HONORS IN PHILOSOPHY
- Courses required: fulfillment of the requirements for a major in Philosophy.
- Honors course: Philosophy 399, 495-496
- Examination: an oral examination on the honors essay and related field is required.
- Approval of the honors project by the Philosophy Department Honors Committee is required.